Circle of Sisters 2019 Panels
Circle of Sisters Panels
Join Shaila for a special one on one with iconic R&B Legend Maxwell as Circle Of Sisters honors him with a Special Tribute for portraying women of color in a positive light throughout his music and career.
In the sixth season of the Starz network hit series Power, Circle of Sisters sits down with cast members to discuss this groundbreaking show, what it means to be part of a cultural phenomenon, how they got involved with the series and the impact its made on their careers. What's next on the horizon? Join us to find out!
The Boss Chronicles: “HustleHers” take the stage as media personality Déjà Vu leads a panel of Boss Ladies for a candid discussion of success, failure and lessons learned on their way to the top. Part rally cry, part truth-telling sermon, this session invites top entrepreneurs and executives to share honest insight on their climb to the top and the lessons learned along the way.
- Lisa Price, Founder of Carol's Daughter
- Connie Orlando, EVP & Head of Programming, BET Networks
- Leslie A. Anderson, President & CEO New Jersey Redevelopment Authority
The daughters will explore how their shared memories growing up watching their parents at work overlap and intertwine, as did the lives of their parents—activists, artists, politicians, political strategists, religious leaders, and founders of the civil rights movement.
- Gina Belafonte, daughter of Julie and Harry Belafonte
- Suzanne Kay, daughter of Diahann Carroll
- Stacy Lynch, daughter of Bill Lynch
- Hasna Muhammad, daughter of Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee
- Ilyasah Shabazz, daughter of Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz
- Dominique Sharpton, daughter of Reverend Al Sharpton
- Keisha Sutton-James, granddaughter of Percy Sutton
GINA BELAFONTE SUZANNE KAY STACY LYNCH HASNA MUHAMMAD DOMINIQUE SHARPTON ILYASAH SHABAZZ KEISHA SUTTON-JAMES
We’re using social media to discuss issues plaguing our community, but just what are we doing? In this session, we’ll cover everything from who’s running, voter registration to health care, taxes, prison reform, political representation, academic achievement and making financial ends meet. Our experts are here to update Circle of Sisters on where we are as a community and what we can do to move forward.
Join Rev. Al Sharpton, Ann Tripp, Attorney Ben Crump, Bakari Sellers, Principal Akbar Cook and Crystal Williams for this powerful discussion.
Join us for a special awards presentation to Korey Wise, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana and Kevin Richardson of the Exonerated 5. You don't want to miss it!
Join actress Meagan Good as she discusses the “good” life - her philosophy on life, love, health and happiness. Hosted by - Lenny Green, host of WBLS’ the Quiet Storm
COS BREAKOUT PANELS
Real conversation on how to navigate your way to your best relationship ever... how men really think and where our authentic feminine power comes from. Join us and start the new season with a new love life... beginning with yourself!
- Lisa Evers, Host/Reporter, HOT 97 & Fox5
- Tara Wallace, Reality TV Star/Actor/Entrepreneur
- Jessie Woo, KSR Recording Artist "Moods of a Cancer" iTunes Top Streaming R&B singer
- Dr Elisa English, Clinical Therapist/Relationship Expert
- Adjua Styles, Author/ Star, "Black Love"
Celebrating Brown Skin Girls of ALL shades, Shaila and her daughter Media Personality ScottieBeam take a deep dive into beauty embracing the richness of our skin, providing expert tips on how to care for our crown, body & most importantly how to make our spirit just as beautiful! Plus, join us for beauty giveaways!
- Shaila Scott - WBLS Host of Middays with Shaila
- ScottieBeam - Media Personality
- Karen Dupiche - Make Up Artist from The View