Circle of Sisters 2019 Panels
CIRCLE OF SISTERS PANELS - SPECIAL EVENTS HALL
Join Shaila for a special one on one with iconic R&B Legend Maxwell as Circle Of Sisters honors him with a Special Tribute for portraying women of color in a positive light throughout his music and career.
The daughters will explore how their shared memories growing up watching their parents at work overlap and intertwine, as did the lives of their parents—activists, artists, politicians, political strategists, religious leaders, and founders of the civil rights movement.
- Gina Belafonte, daughter of Julie and Harry Belafonte
- Suzanne Kay, daughter of Diahann Carroll
- Stacy Lynch, daughter of Bill Lynch
- Hasna Muhammad, daughter of Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee
- Ilyasah Shabazz, daughter of Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz
- Dominique Sharpton, daughter of Reverend Al Sharpton
- Keisha Sutton-James, granddaughter of Percy Sutton
- Moderated by our very own Lamonda
GINA BELAFONTE SUZANNE KAY STACY LYNCH HASNA MUHAMMAD DOMINIQUE SHARPTON ASHLEY SHARPTON ILYASAH SHABAZZ KEISHA SUTTON-JAMES
In the sixth season of the Starz network hit series Power, Circle of Sisters sits down with cast members to discuss this groundbreaking show, what it means to be part of a cultural phenomenon, how they got involved with the series and the impact its made on their careers. What's next on the horizon? Join us to find out!
The Boss Chronicles: “HustleHers” take the stage as media personality Déjà Vu leads a panel of Boss Ladies for a candid discussion of success, failure and lessons learned on their way to the top. Part rally cry, part truth-telling sermon, this session invites top entrepreneurs and executives to share honest insight on their climb to the top and the lessons learned along the way.
- Lisa Price, Founder of Carol's Daughter
- Connie Orlando, EVP & Head of Programming, BET Networks
- Leslie A. Anderson, President & CEO New Jersey Redevelopment Authority
- Adenah Bayoh - Restaurant owner and Land Developer
Join WBLS personalities Kool DJ Red Alert and Fred “Bugsy” Buggs as they sit down with “The Original” -- Dapper Dan. Hear firsthand how he is more than a brand, but as a Black man how he found his place in the world, his struggle against poverty, crime, and drugs; social rebellion? and his quest for spiritual enlightenment.
Dapper Dan to receive The Style Icon Award
We’re using social media to discuss issues plaguing our community, but just what are we doing? In this session, we’ll cover everything from who’s running, voter registration to health care, taxes, prison reform, political representation, academic achievement and making financial ends meet. Our experts are here to update Circle of Sisters on where we are as a community and what we can do to move forward.
Join Rev. Al Sharpton, Ann Tripp, Attorney Ben Crump, Principal Akbar Cook, Crystal Williams and Joy Reid for this powerful discussion.
Join us for a special awards presentation to Korey Wise, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana and Kevin Richardson of the Exonerated 5. You don't want to miss it!
Join actress Meagan Good as she discusses the “good” life - her philosophy on life, love, health and happiness. Hosted by - Lenny Green, host of WBLS’ the Quiet Storm
Join us for a one-on-one with Miss USA Cheslie Kryst - one-third of the record-breaking black girl magic trifecta of the 2019 pageant world!
Take part in a discussion on her path from attorney to Miss USA and her platform to make a difference in the world.
Join Us for a Performance from the Hit Broadway Musical Ain’t Too Proud
BREAKOUT PANELS - ROOM 1C03/04
Thousands of dollars worth of ideas no one will ever teach YOU will be presented by millionaire mogul, Tiana Von Johnson. YOU will learn how to attract new FREE money guaranteed, build YOUR celebrity brand, get a TV deal, launch a product line, sell on Amazon, put on live events, speak on stages, build a coaching program, write a book and self-publish in 2-weeks, launch YOUR own magazine with worldwide distribution, go viral on social media, build real followers, get more bookings, build YOUR team and so much more. Great for Entrepreneurs in any industry!
- Presenter: Tiana Von Johnson | How to Build a Multimillion Dollar Brand Masterclass
Real conversation on how to navigate your way to your best relationship ever... how men really think and where our authentic feminine power comes from. Join us and start the new season with a new love life... beginning with yourself!
- Lisa Evers, Host/Reporter, HOT 97 & Fox5
- Tara Wallace, Reality TV Star/Actor/Entrepreneur
- Kiyanne, Artist & Actress
- Dr Elisa English, Clinical Therapist/Relationship Expert
- Adjua Styles, Author/ Star, "Black Love"
Free resources and guidance to help your business take the next steps!
- Presenter: Nwan Marc
- Organizer: Ryan Dang Hong
BREAKOUT PANELS - ROOM 1B03/04
Join Lucinda Cross for a Vision Board and Goal Setting Workshop for women who help everyone else's dream come to fruition except their own. Come get a chance to be creative and take action towards your goals through this practical and proven concept. Learn to create clear intentions and focused goals to increase the quality of your life.
- Presenter: Lucinda Cross
Celebrating Brown Skin Girls of ALL shades, Shaila and her daughter Media Personality ScottieBeam take a deep dive into beauty embracing the richness of our skin, providing expert tips on how to care for our crown, body & most importantly how to make our spirit just as beautiful! Plus, join us for beauty giveaways!
- Shaila Scott - WBLS Host of Middays with Shaila
- ScottieBeam - Media Personality
- Karen Dupiche - Make Up Artist from The View
- Psyche Terry - Founder UI Global Brands – Urban Hydration
- Ann Tripp - WBLS On Air Personality
- Miabelle - Hot 97 /Boom Philly Personality
- Kim Thomas - Chief Revenue Officer of Stila Cosmetics and Founder of Beauty4Giving
- Rashida Strober - Author of Darkism
Women Empowerment is such a profound force. When women unite and share their stories something magical happens.Join us for a captivating and interactive panel featuring powerful women who took a leap of faith and found victory on the other side.
- Moderated by: Marie David
- Black Girl Podcast and Media Superstar – Scottie Beam
- Author of ‘The State of Black Girls’ and Therapist – Marline Francois
- Celebrity DJ and Author of “The Games We Should Play” - Olivia Dope
- Moderated by: Lenny Green
- Dr. Alex Ellis
- Michael Gardener - Pres. Of 100 Black Men - NYC Chapter
- Leon - Actor- 5 Heartbeats, Temptations, Waiting To Exhale,etc
- DJ Bent Roc - Psychology Major & Educator
- Eden Marryshow - Actor, Film Director