EMMIS NEW YORK IS HERE FOR OUR COMMUNITY
New York is more than the city that never sleeps. It is the heartbeat of entertainment, the focuspoint in finance, and the center of dozens of cultures converging together to form our community. More than 20-million people live and work throughout the New York tri-state area, celebrating the good times with one another, and helping each other through the unfortunate bad times. Emmis New York is committed to serving our community through the Heart & Soul Foundation and Incite. Music + Brand + Cause = IMPACT
At Emmis New York, our mission is to use our place in media to empower the communities we serve by providing Support, Assistance, and Information with a special emphasis in the following areas:
- Social Action
- Health & Wellness.
If you are a company looking to submit Public Service Announcements, please complete this form.
SIGNATURE COMMUNITY EVENTS
- HOT 97 and WBLS’ Hip Hop Has Heart and Heart & Soul Foundations are committed to empowering the communities we serve in the greater New York City area. Please join us as we raise funds for the victims of the tragic fire in the Bronx. Find out how you can help raise funds here.
- On Saturday, December 9th from 12-4pm at the Mall at Bay Plaza in the Bronx we had our annual Spread The Warmth Coat Drive presented by Fidelis Care! Find out how to donate to the coat drive.
- African American Day Parade: WBLS supported the community by participating in the African American Day Parade!
- Softball Charity Game: The HOT 97, WBLS and WLIB family attended a charity softball game at Castle Hill little league in the Bronx.
- Kids Lives Matter Night. (April) WBLS partnered with Universoul Circus on April 25th. We recruited 7 youth organizations to perform live in the show to showcase their talent. 50% of the donations were given back to each organization.
- Kutz for Kids Babershop & Beauty Tour (August/September): During the back to school season, Emmis New York partners with local barbershops and salons in the New York tri-state area to provide free haircuts for children ages 13 and under.
- The Spread the Warmth Coat Drive (November/December): One of New York City’s largest and most cherished philanthropic traditions, the Spread the Warmth Coat Drive collects coats to be given out to homeless men, women, children and infants, the working poor, and at-risk senior citizens from partnering nonprofit agencies. Click here for more information & photos from previous years coat drive.
- Spread the Joy Holiday Toy Drive (November/December): Each year, WBLS teams up with an organization to collect new toys to be given out to children during the holiday season.
National Association of Broadcasters Celebration of Service to America Award recipient (2012)
- NYSBA Serving New York Award recipient (2013)
- SVP & Market Manager – Charlie Morgan
- General Sales Manager – Chris Squire
- Director of Marketing – Koren Vaughan
- Director of Operations & PSA/FCC Contact – Patricia Robinson