Nia Long To Receive Over $32K In Child Support From Ex-Fiancé

Loading the player…

Nia Long has gotten herself a huge win in her child support battle against ex-fiancé, Ime Udoka.

The actress is set to receive $32,500 a month for their 12-year-old son Kez. Reports state that Udoka was set to initially pay $56,389 a month due to having a monthly disposable income of $465,804. However, they mutually agreed on monthly $32,500 a month.

They will also share joint custody of Kez although the head coach of the Houston Rockets travel commitments were also considered in their settlement. Their son, who spends 95 percent of his time living with Long in Los Angeles, will spend the other 5 percent with his father with the option of reasonable visitation.

The settlement also states that Long will be in charge of “decision-making authority in case of disagreements with advance notice to her ex, with the exception of routine and emergency matters.”

Back in August, Nia Long had reportedly filed for primary custody of her son and claimed that Udoka was sufficiently providing the proper support for their son.

Nia Long and Ime Udoka were together for 13 years until reports came out that Udoka cheated on her with a former NBA staffer when he was the coach for the Boston Celtics.

During her conversation with rapper Jeezy, she spoke about her breakup. “I had a really public breakup recently,” she said. “It was a wakeup call for me in the sense of like, ‘OK, you’re going to do this on your own and you’re going to be fine and you’re not going to worry about what anyone thinks and has to say.’”

She continued, “The relationship was rocky for a very long time.I don’t believe another person can break anyone up.”