Photo Credit: Leon Bennett / Getty Images
On September 21st, Netflix premiered Nappily Ever After starring the talented Sanaa Lathan.
The movie is based on the novel written by Trisha R. Thomas. Sanaa plays the character of Violet Jones. Violet was always taught to be perfect, or what her mother’s definition of perfection was. Of course we know perfection isn’t realistic and Violet soon found out.
When Violet learns that she is in fact not perfect, she journeys to find herself and who she truly is. Starting with a drastic hair change.
In the movie, her mother played by Lynn Whitfield, always taught her that straight hair meant perfection!
Here is 5 things we can take away from the movie:
1) Your hair does not define you!
2) You want to strive for the best but perfection is just not realistic.
3) Your exterior beauty is one element, but what’s on the inside is ultimately what really matters the most.
4) It’s okay to let your hair down and have a little fun.
5) The person meant for you, will find you. At the right time.
Watch the trailer below, will you be checking Nappily Ever After out?