Bill Cosby won’t be released on parole.
As reported on TMZ, his request was denied by the Pennsylvania Parole Board. They denied it for a few reasons. For one, they said he didn’t participate in a treatment program for sex offenders, and he failed to develop a parole release plan.
According to the report, the Board says strike three against the comedian is the fact he got “a negative recommendation from the Department of Corrections.”
The comedian is serving his 10-year sentence after being found guilty in 2018 of three counts of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004. As part of his conviction, he is deemed a sexual predator, and, he has to undergo counseling for the rest of his life.
Last year, Bill made news headlines after a photo from prison was released and fans were concerned about his health. However, his team shared a “better” photo that “proved” he was okay.
This photo was taken by his publicist, Andrew Wyatt, during his first virtual video conference call with Mr. Cosby last week. We are posting this to reassure his family and supporters that he is doing ok during this pandemic. pic.twitter.com/mISjVmly2b
— Bill Cosby (@BillCosby) October 21, 2020
What are your thoughts about the board’s decision?