The plaintiff, identified as Jane Doe, alleged that she and her friend met Combs and Hall at an event hosted by MCA Records in New York City in 1990 or 1991.
“Combs and Hall were very flirtatious and handsy with Jane Doe and her friend, offering them drinks throughout the night,” read the 10-page lawsuit filed Thursday, just before the expiration of the Adult Survivors Act.
The two performers later invited the women to Hall’s apartment for an afterparty, where Doe was allegedly “coerced” into having sex with Combs.
“After Combs finished doing his business, Jane Doe laid in bed, shocked and traumatized,” according to the court documents. “As she was in the process of getting dressed, Hall barged into the room, pinned her down and forced Jane Doe to have sex with him.”
Following the alleged rape, the woman got dressed and ran out of Hall’s home, with her friend leaving a short time later.
The friend told Jane Doe, according to the filing, that she, too, “had been forced to have sex with Combs and Hall in another room.”
“Upon information and belief, when Combs finished with Jane Doe, he and Hall switched, and they commenced assaulting Jane Doe’s friend,” the lawsuit alleged.
Doe claimed that a couple of days later, Combs came to the home where she and her friend were staying, and violently attacked her.
“He was irate and began assaulting and choking Jane Doe to the point that she passed out,” the complaint read.
The “Bad Boy for Life” rapper was allegedly searching for the woman’s friend Combs “because he was worried that she would tell the girl he was with at the time what he and Hall had done to them,” argued the lawsuit.
“These are fabricated claims falsely alleging misconduct from over 30 years ago and filed at the last minute. This is nothing but a money grab,” a spokesperson for Combs told The New York Post on Friday.
“Because of Mr. Combs’ fame and success, he is an easy target for anonymous accusers who lie without conscience or consequence for financial benefit,” he added. “The New York Legislature surely did not intend or expect the Adult Survivors Act to be exploited by scammers.”
Hall, 59 is best known as a member of the 1980s R&B group Guy, which is currently on tour.
The lawsuit also names as defendants Hall, MCA Inc and MCA Music Entertainment Group and Geffen Records. It alleges battery, assault and sexual assault, and negligent infliction of emotional distress, and seeks unspecified damages at trial.
After the incident, the alleged victim “informed her close friends and family about what had occurred,” and over the years “she had sought medical treatment to heal from the trauma visited upon her by Combs and Hall,” the filing claimed.
The woman was said to have suffered physical injury, “lasting psychological and financial damages,” severe emotional distress, humiliation, loss of dignity and invasion of privacy.