photo credit: Spencer Platt / Getty Images
What appeared to be a fun night of fireworks, food, and family leaves one person dead.
This Thursday (July 4th) a man passes away after getting serious burns caused by an unfortunate firework accident.
According to the Spartanburg Police Department, a call was made in regards to a person who was found lying in the street. Witness told police, “the person was injured after a large firework he had lit exploded while he was holding over his head.”
The man suffered from burns on his right hand and his forehead. He was rushed to the hospital where he was then pronounced dead.
The Major, Art Littlejohn, releases a statement saying fireworks are not allowed in the city.
Rest in peace. Are thoughts and prayers are with his family during this time.