Life is hard enough. Knowing when an emergency happens in New York City doesn’t have to be.
From a local power outage to the City’s response to COVID-19, Notify NYC provides free emergency alerts and updates when you need them most! Notify NYC sends out messages around the clock, 365 days a year.
Signing up for this official emergency communications program is free and easy.
Looking to customize how and when you receive your alerts? You can. The goal for Notify NYC is to provide the information you want to receive, the way you want to receive it:
- With the Notify NYC mobile application (available for Apple and Android devices), you can get information about emergency events and important City services, based on your location. You also can visit NYC.gov/notifynyc, call 311, or follow @NotifyNYC on Twitter.
- Use the “Do Not Disturb” feature to get the messages you’re interested in, how you want to receive them, and when you want to receive them.
- Notify NYC is also a great tool while visiting New York City — it provides alerts on any emergencies or service disruptions that could change your plans. You also have to option to turn on the tool’s vacation notification settings while away from home, and reconnect when you return.
- When you sign up, you also can identify up to five addresses or intersections to get information about the neighborhoods you’re interested in. You can also receive information on up to five phone numbers and five text-based devices.
Want to receive alerts in your preferred language or format? You can. Notify NYC is committed to providing emergency alerts and updates to all 8.6 million New Yorkers.
- In addition to the mobile application, notifications are available via phone, email, SMS, fax, BlackBerry Messenger, Instant Messenger, and Twitter.
- Notify NYC messages are available in multiple languages, audio format, and American Sign Language (ASL) video format.
Information is key. A notified New Yorker is a prepared New Yorker.
Sign up for Notify NYC today!