Kel Mitchell breaks his silence over his recent health scare and hospitalization.
The actor went on Instagram to talk about what really happened. “I’m good, I’m here, I’m smiling, I’m with my family, I’m at home.” In the video, Mitchell continued to say, “I was out shopping when suddenly the whole room started spinning. So I was like, ‘I must be dehydrated so I need to go get some water, some food.’ When I did that, the whole right side of my arm was numb, followed by me not being able to swallow. That’s when I panicked. And so I drove myself to the hospital.”
He wrote in his caption, “For those curious about recent events and my well-being, appreciate the concern and sending love your way. This should bring some clarity.”
Kel said that after he got to the hospital he, “failed the arm and leg test. So that was raising fears of something more serious because I could not move my right arm, my motor skills were not working. So CT scan, EKG, everything they started doing on me, that’s why I had to stay overnight [at the hospital].”
He said that the reason for his hospitalization was due to a bulging disc from a previous injury that was pressing against a nerve and mimicking severe symptoms. Mitchell shared that he is grateful for the amount of prayers and support he has been receiving from his fans.
“Grateful for the flood of prayers and positive vibes that surrounded me during a genuinely frightening time,” his initial post stated. “The scare was real, but so was the support. With the grace of God and the skill of the medical team, I’m now on the road to recovery at home, embraced by the love of my family.”